I am pleased to announce the development plans for ListMessenger Pro 1.1 to the public. After careful consideration and input from customers here are the features that will be added for the 1.1 release:
- Administrator customizable fields which will affect all groups. This will change in the future to include a group-specific field list; however, the 1.1 release will have the ability to manage custom fields for all groups only.
- Option to allow notification of administrator or administrators of new subscriptions. This again, will affect all groups and will not be group specific.
- The ability to manage file attachments and send attachments to groups.
- The functionality to offset your servers default time zone.
- The functionality to modify the default character set of your messages.
- The option to allow end-users to select their desired display language in the end-user tools.
- The ability to move the “public” folder out of the ListMessenger application directory and place it wherever you wish.
- The upgrade of the following internal applications: PHPMailer CVS, HTMLArea 3.0rc2, PCLZip 2.1
The ability to sort by subscription date (added)!
Other possible changes that will be dependant on development time include:
- Removal of all MySQL specific code and the inclusion of the ADOdb database abstraction library.
- The requirement of PHP’s magic_quotes_gpc removed by adding a function that checks for such occurrences.
Along with these additions, there will be interface improvements and all known bugs from current releases will be fixed.
The intended release date of ListMessenger Pro 1.1 will be Monday, June 28th, 2004. Please note that this release date is an intended release date and if the modifications are completed before this date it will be released; however, at the same time if the modifications are not complete, it will not be released.
- ListMessenger Light 1.1 will have some new features as well. Including all features listed above accept:
- File attachment and management support
- Administrator customizable fields
There is no intended release date for ListMessenger Light 1.1, although it should be released around the same time as ListMessenger Pro 1.1, but not before.
We will also be making modifications to our Members Area over the next several months, to include even more usable features besides the current key management and purchasing system. We will be introducing such features as an integrated trouble support ticket system for Pro users, an integrated knowledge base, integration with the forum so that ListMessenger Pro users can be uniquely identified in the forum. We will also be adding Visa, Master Card and possibly more payment methods to the system so that we can extend purchasing services to regions where PayPal currently does not provide account service. PayPal will still be available; this will be an added payment option.
Finally, we plan on really putting some serious effort into further development of our very successful reseller program. Resellers will be encouraged to play a larger role and further integration solutions with their private services is something that we look forward to supporting.
Thank-you for taking the time to read this release announcement, we look forward to powering your mailing list management needs for many sites to come.