I am quite pleased to announce that ListMessenger Light and Pro 126.96.36.199 are now finally available for download. ListMessenger Pro users can download the new release from the “My Downloads” section of the ListMessenger Members Area, and ListMessenger Light users can download the free version from the Downloads section on the new website.
The primary focus of the ListMessenger Pro 2.2.1 release is around stability and bug fixing. We have fixed nearly all known bugs discovered in the software over the past few years, and upgrade all major components and libraries within ListMessenger. Interface wise not a lot has changed just yet, although changes and refinements are definitely coming.
The changelog for ListMessenger Pro 2.2.1 is as follows:
- ListMessenger now requires PHP 5.1.6 or higher. Please Note: future versions will require PHP 5.3 or higher.
- ListMessenger setup now handles the initial config.inc.php creation where possible.
- The subscriber import tool now adheres to Control Panel > Preferences > ListMessenger Blacklist.
- There is a new “Message Line Ending” option in Control Panel > Preferences > E-Mail Configuration.
- Added “E-Mail Address Format” option in Control Panel > Preferences > E-Mail Configuration.
- SMTP Authentication is not attempted if it’s disabled in Control Panel > Preferences > E-Mail Configuration.
- Text and HTML templates now show up on confirmation page during message composition.
- Pagination now appears in the public message archive (archive.php) to break up long pages.
- Fixed possible issue where messages sent to private groups were exposed in archive.php if private group was deleted.
- All tabbed interfaces throughout ListMessenger now use jQuery UI tabs.
- Significant improvements to the LM_Mailer class and use of PHPMailer class.
- Fixed the broken German language file thanks to Jorg.
- Fixed [unsubscribeurl] variable output when sending messages.
- Fixed problem on Windows server with autocompleter not working, and other various Windows Server and IIS issues.
- Fixed problems with updating custom field data, when the custom field data was allowed to be empty or null (i.e. a checkbox).
- Fixed multi-byte character entry issues with end-user tools.
- Fixed multi-byte characters in autocompleter, by replacing the autocompleter with jQuery UI.
- HTML e-mail messages are now wrapped to prevent broken HTML, which will prevent exclamation marks from appearing in HTML messages on some servers.
- IE8 now downloads exported files correctly as CSV files vs. Zip.
- Fixed the install and update SQL to use ENGINE vs. TYPE=MyISAM.
- TinyMCE now correctly enters the path to images and files folders.
- Upgraded TinyMCE to version 188.8.131.52.
- Upgraded TinyMCE SpellChecker plugin to version 2.0.4.
- Upgraded TinyMCE MCImageManager plugin to version 184.108.40.206.
- Upgraded InnovaStudio to version 3.6.0.
- Upgraded ADOdb to version 5.11.
- Upgraded PHPMailer to version 5.1.
- Upgraded jQuery to version 1.4.4.
- Upgraded jQuery UI to version 1.8.9.
- Upgraded Flot jQuery plugin.
As always if you have a comments or suggestions, please feel free to use the Suggestions and Feedback forum.